Sunday, July 31, 2016

Potentially exciting news?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey y'all! Hello from northern Minnesota, we are enjoying a family vacation in the Northwoods of Minnesota and I must say not knowing what day it is and having the only decision I truly make is which book to read next has been fantastic!

Just wanted to send a quick (or not so quick) update on the blog about the adoption. If you follow my updates, you know that in order to get my 2 boys I have to get a 3rd boy because they are telling me I have to be married. I found this out right after I returned to Nicaragua and I was frustrated and feeling down. Most people my age are married and having kids of their own, so I began to question why I'm not. Please don't answer that question :-)

Anyways, I had begun to accept that, but then realized I couldn't. I got information for yet ANOTHER lawyer (bonus: she speaks English) and wrote her an e-mail to ask her about the newest rules in Nicaragua. She confirmed that you had to be married in order to adopt from Nicaragua so I asked her to keep me posted if/when that rule ever changes. She told me that she would do that and I thought it was over. Well, I just could not let it go. I waited a few weeks, and wrote to her 2 weeks ago just to confirm what she had told me and asked if they ever make exceptions to the rule. She wrote back and said that they sometime do. I was THRILLED but very skeptically optimistic. She asked me to write her the story of how I met the boys and asked her to consider making an excpetion due to their age. She wanted to be VERY clear that this was not a yes, but she agreed to "present my case" at her next meeting with Mi Familia (like DHS in the states.)

So, where does this leave things?? Well, it's clear as mud as to when this is all going to take place, but this serves as a plead with you all to pray! A few friends and I are entering a 40 day fast on August 8 and I am hoping that this will bring me closer to the God who holds this all in His hands and gives me the favor and direction I need to move forward.

Here are a few ways you can pray specifically:

1. God's will to ultimately prevail and for me to be able to accept that in ALL things.

2. Obviously, that the boys can come home and be with me. I am fully confident that if that happens, all other things that we need will be provided for us.

3. Patience, provision, and a stenghtining of my faith to pull me through this all.

I am TRULY humbled and grateful for all the prayers and well wishes that I get from people that I don't expect to get them from. Seriously, you guys are the best. I can't even begin to tell you how I see God's hand in all of this through all of you.

I will keep you all posted, but in the mean time....your prayers are coveted and appreciated! I thank you for riding this roller coaster with me for these past 5 years!!!

I leave with a verse that has been showing itself in the past few weeks especially that I have grown to love!

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie, sending a big hug! Praying for you and those precious boys. I love that verse too; so so comforting (yet sometimes frustrating!) to be reminded that God has a much bigger view on this whole life than we do. But He promises to answer! Amazing.
    I always love to read your words. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete